Entry to Thailand during COVID-19 Pandemic
From 1 October 2021,
- Quarantine period will be reduced from 14 to 7 days for fully-vaccinated travellers, and 10 days for unvaccinated/partially vaccinated travellers, subject to terms and conditions.
- Those arriving in Thailand from 1 October 2021 who have been issued COEs under the old system (i.e. before 28 September 2021) may use their old COEs (no need to apply for new COEs); their quarantine period will be determined based on their vaccination documents upon entering Thailand.
- Those who arrived in Thailand before 1 October 2021 and are still in quarantine are required to complete their quarantine for a total of 10 days (instead of 14 days).
- All travellers are now eligible for Sandbox Programmes (Phuket & Samui) regardless of their country of origin.
- Special Tourist Visa (STV) scheme is extended until 30 September 2022.
- Visa on Arrival Scheme has been resumed.
- Tourst Visa Exemption period has been converted back to 30 days (from 45 days).
Information regarding the entry to Thailand during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Travellers entering Thailand during COVID-19 pandemic are required to be quarantined in Alternative Quarantine (AQ) at least 7 days or 10 days depending on vaccination status upon arrival (except entry to Thailand under Sandbox programme). For information, please visit Alternative Quarantine (AQ) Section
- Vaccinated travellers are eligible to enter Thailand under Sandbox Programme (entry to specific destination in Thailand without quarantine requirement). For more information relating to Sandbox Programme, please visit Entry to Thailand under Sandbox Programme
For previous update, please visit <<Update History>>
Entry to Thailand under Sandbox Programme
Entry to Thailand in Alternative Quarantine (AQ)
List of nationals under tourist visa exemption scheme